Contract or Permanent
We are here to help you with career development through variety of both Contract and Permanent roles available. You may already have a preference, but if you’re not sure then talk to Techspace about what works best for you.
Individuals that require freedom and flexibility in their work environment are often suited for working on contractual basis. Contracts can also provide opportunities to explore new employment prospects and experiences, and to not feel constrained by any particular role or organisation for a long period of time. Permanent roles are great for stability and job security, and can enhance an individual’s job. Along with good career advancement, permanent roles can offer employment benefits such as health insurance and holiday pay, and retirement plans.
We like to spend time with you to understand your current situation and what the best career options are for you be it for immediate career moves or a longer-term career growth plan.
Our speed in delivery to our clients is what we are known for, so we don’t typically work to set closing dates for roles and review applications as they are received. For this reason, we encourage a prompt expression of interest if you see an opportunity that takes your fancy. Our process is as follows;
- Step 1 - Online application submitted through our job portal on this site. This should include your most recent CV and a cover letter outlining your preferences in roles and locations. We recommend a cover letter if you are applying from outside of New Zealand to provide detail and context to your application, including your plans to immigrate to New Zealand and availability to start a role here. Once your application has been received you will be notified by automated email.
- Step 2 - We review all applications and do not use any automated selection tools at any stage in our process. Where we see a strong fit between you and the needs of the opportunity, we will arrange a time to talk to you in more detail, ideally in person. We may also talk to you about other engagements we may be working on that are not advertised or known to be in the pipeline, and we'll also cover off career moves, long-term plans and contract versus permanent placements.
- Step 3 - We conduct a screening and shortlisting process on behalf of the organisations we partner with. Timelines for this will be discussed when you interview with us. Honesty and transparency are key values we work to and we will aim to set realistic expectations on your fit for a role and organisation when we meet, as well as timelines for the next steps.
- Step 4 - Where we see a good match our clients often agree and can’t wait to meet you. Once a mutually agreeable interview time is confirmed we will prepare you with everything we can to help you succeed with the background we have on the people you are meeting and the role in question. We will also start the reference check process with your approval, particularly if we are looking at a contract role with a fast decision expected.
- Step 5 - Our aim and experience is to negotiate the best offer on your behalf. Discussions on expectations of the market and the client/role will take place throughout the process as this is not the time for shocks and surprises!
- Step 6 - It doesn’t end there. An ongoing relationship is important to us and many of our consultants have been with Techspace for several years. We aim to meet with you throughout your placement to ensure your career expectations continue to be meet and provide ongoing guidance and advice on broader market trends.
Development / Training
We go into all candidate conversations with a long-term relationship in mind. Don’t be surprised if your initial application to Techspace is not the role you end up getting with us. It is important to us that it is the right job, not just any job you end up in.
With a huge network of past, present, future and returning Techspacers, we see great opportunity for great minds to come together and aim to have quarterly events for people working with us. With an industry speaker, nibbles and drinks this is a way for the wider team to come together, introduce referrals, share industry news and lets be honest – have a good time.
We also aim to connect people digitally. Before your first day we will make sure you know who else in the organization you are joining is from techspace as this is a great way to network in a new organization and share ideas.
Our plans don’t stop there! We are always open to ideas on how we can better connect our people, keeping them engaged and developing in their career. We are happy to provide mentoring introductions and guidance on what industry certification and training is right for you.
Techspace Referral Programme
We know the best source of talent for our client teams are often people you know or have worked with in the past and take pride in the high number of successful candidate client introductions that come from referrals.With your help, we want to make sure we continue to have the best candidates available for our clients. There’s a good chance you know plenty of industry superstars, so if you refer a candidate to Techspace and if we place them in a role (contract or perm), we’ll happily send you a $200 Prezzy card.
Just email email@example.com and cc in your recommended candidate with the candidate’s name, contact phone number and their preferred type of IT role, and if we place them in a role, we will send you out a $200 voucher! (T's & C's apply)